5 Ideas For Your Sales Strategy
“If you can’t describe your strategy in twenty minutes, simply and in plain language, you haven’t got a plan. ‘But,’ people may say, ‘I’ve got a complex strategy. It can’t be reduced to a page.’ That’s nonsense. That’s not a complex strategy. It’s a complex thought about the strategy.” Larry Bossidy once said.
If you have no strategy whatsoever for your business (either when you are about to start or when you are in the business) then you are on the road to failure. This is the reason why having a strategy for making sales in your business is crucial for the growth of your business.
According to Small Business Chron, Sales Strategy is a plan by a business or individual on how to go about selling products and services and increasing profits. It consists of a plan that positions a company’s brand or product to gain a competitive advantage.
A sales strategy should deliver results such as; clear goals for everyone to work toward, clear guidelines everyone can follow, clear priorities everyone can and should follow.
We’ll be listing 5 major ideas to help you develop a sales strategy for the success of your business;
- Identify your customer’s need/problem: Would your product be able to satisfy your customer’s need? How can your product solve your customer’s problem? This gives you an idea of how to go about your sales strategy. Once you have identified that correctly, then your customer would definitely pay you to solve their problem.
- Understand your target customers profile: A customer profile helps you qualify new leads and disqualify ones before you spend night and day sowing seeds in the wrong place. Get into the heads of your target customers, be all up in their face. You can start by hanging out where they hang out, paying attention to what they listen to, what resources they read and so on. All these would help you to be in a better position to sell to them.
- Know your competition: Every business has a competition, therefore, knowing your competition and the areas that you are more competitive than your competition can lead to automatic sales. Note that this aspect is all about preparation. So ensure that you do your research and take note of something that you are doing that your competition is not yet leveraging on. It is mostly the biggest selling point as a business.
- Maximise the use of Social Media: This is a powerful tool in making sales in your business. Ensuring engagement with potential customers on platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter can drive potential customers to your website where your blog can provide information that will answer their questions, address their issues, and proffer solutions while building trust and building relationships that result in more sales. Read more reasons for having a social media strategy here.
- Have a flawless sales pitch: Make your sales pitch exciting, one that captivates the attention of your prospect and keeps the conversation moving in the right direction. Tell a story related to your experiences in your business or in life if you have to, as this interests your potential customer on a deeper level beyond just telling them the benefits of your products. This will eventually help you to acquire more customers over time.
Follow these ideas and you are on our way to hitting those big sales goals you have always dreamed off.
I would love to know your thoughts on this, feel free to drop a comment.