5 Useful Tips that Drive Traffic and Sales In Your Retail Business
Ever wondered why it’s so hard to drive traffic and make a sale in your retail store/business? Well, you have come to the right place as you might have been doing it all wrong. Not to worry though, because with a little planning and practical knowledge in business you can always change things around and attract those customers into your store.
Furthermore, with summer is fast approaching, people will want to upgrade their wardrobes and some will be out shopping for new clothing items that make them feel comfortable and cool. You definitely do not want your store to be left out nor allow this opportunity to pass you by during this most favorable shopping season.
I will be listing 5 useful tips to help you escape the no sales syndrome and welcome you into the happy world of making sales daily;
1. Use your social media judiciously: It’s funny how social media seems like just a place to post pictures and chat with friends but is actually way more than that and helps a great deal in driving traffic to your store as a retail business owner.
Social media is a powerful tool that helps to draw attention to your business once you have valuable content to deliver daily. Ensure you have a strong presence on the major platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Grow your followers on all platforms and be as engaging as possible with them; Let your followers feel loved and valued.
You can also use this platform to announce new arrivals, new outlets or sales. Social media is a great marketing tool already and is cheaper than some traditional ways of marketing. Therefore, I urge you to take advantage of the opportunities that social media can have on your business if you haven’t done that yet.
2. Hold a giveaway contest and advertise it: This is a great way of getting your potential customer’s attention. The contest can be about anything, for example getting people to post videos or pictures of themselves entering your store and the person with the highest engagement gets a gift from your store. This helps to advertise your products and create more awareness to your store for outsiders.
3. Experiment with a creative window display: People are more likely to enter a store to purchase a product just because of an attractive window display especially if the location of your store is by the roadside with people passing by daily. That new signboard announcing a sale or new arrival will get people’s attention to make them come into your place to buy that item especially if it suits their needs.
4. Have and build your mailing list: Make sure to politely ask for the email addresses of every customer that walks into your store. This would help to keep in touch with your customers and send out updates on upcoming sales, announcements, and events regarding your store daily, weekly, or monthly.
5. Create an unforgettable and mesmerizing experience: Once a customer walks into your store, you just don’t want them to walk in and walk out almost immediately. There has to be something captivating about your store that makes them want to stay longer and even purchase more items or products. This would make a long-lasting impression. It can be done through technology or a particular alluring activity.
With these few tips I have given you, make sure you target the right people and use the right approach because that would save you time, earn money and the effectiveness of your promotional and marketing effort will be increased.
If you have any more tips on driving traffic and sales please feel free to leave a comment below, I would love to know!