Best point of sale software for fashion designers in Nigeria
Image Credit: City of Apparel Design
We all know how challenging it is to run a business in Nigeria especially when you are a fashion designer. How do you come up with designs that are both current yet elegant? This is probably the most challenging aspect of being a fashion designer. Hence, running the store more efficiently is neglected. This is why PrognoStore is the best point of sale software for a fashion designer in Nigeria. It does take the stress out of running a fashion design business.
How a regular fashion house runs
The fashion designer is often saddled with the sole task of coming up with new design ideas. He or she spends a whole lot of time on sketching, cutting and sewing. Coupled with this, the apprentices are also trained so more time is spent on this. This is often a continuous loop.
A new customer comes to a fashion designer and looks at the catalogue and selects a design or they may even describe what they want in terms of style. The fashion designer sketches and sews the cloth. The customer comes back to pay and pick up the dress when it's ready - usually, they are given a specific time for collection. Every single detail or record is kept on a small notebook by the fashion designer.
How a fashion house should run
Apart from sketching and sewing, more time can be allocated to running the business. How can this be done? Simple answer - invest in the best point of sale software for fashion designers in Nigeria. How does this work?
- Stock management - All designs are added to the point of sale software. This ensures you have a clear view of what you have in store because this is very important to the growth and success of your business. You can give unique identifiers to them - this is what we call barcode. PrognoStore can generate barcodes for you. All you have to do is print the barcodes and paste on the clothes/designs you made.
- Customer management - You need to have a proper record of all your customers. This is essential for running the business efficiently and for growth. Every new customer is entered into the system. Name, address, email, phone number, dress size etc. It means you don’t need to keep requesting for their details every time they need a new design made.
- Employees management - You need a proper record of all your employees and apprentices. You also need to know how to make them happy so they don’t leave. You can even assign roles to them on PrognoStore- this is the beauty of PrognoStore.
- Selling - Sell the clothes/dresses/designs by scanning the barcodes mentioned in 1) above or by searching for them by typing the names you've given to them. Add the customer name to the sale. Remember you have added their details to the system already. You can print the receipt or email it to them. This ensures you and the customers both have a record of the sale. Also, you know which employee or apprentice sold what. Selling is simple with PrognoStore.
- Record Keeping - These four areas ensure you eliminate the lack of proper record keeping. You have access to all records whenever you need them as PrognoStore is a cloud-based system. You can access the records whenever you need them even when you're not in the store.
You have seen how PrognoStore will make running your store become more efficient. It is designed for fashion designers as we have seen the challenges involved in running a fashion business and have developed PrognoStore to become the best point of sale software for fashion designers in Nigeria. Here is a typical fashion store - watch the video to see how PrognoStore is the best point of sale software for a fashion designer in Nigeria.
You should try it for free using promo code PB60FREE to get 60 days free at www.prognostore.com/signup